Anyone ever paid a creme pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever paid a creme pickup?

What kind of pickups do you want in creme? DiMarzio makes them, Carvin makes them, EMG makes them. Duncan will make them, but they have to put a cover on them due to DiMarzio's trademark patent. You can call Duncan and tell them what you want and to just put the cover on top without gluing it on so you can take it off easily.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: Anyone ever paid a creme pickup?

I just noticed I wrote "paid" instead of "paint"..oh well, Toejam knew what I meant... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I'm actually looking to paint the new Rio Grande pickups that I have. They don't make them in creme, just black and zebra. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, I noticed paid, too, but knew what you meant. I didn't want to take away Ron's fun. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

As far as painting the pup, take it with you to an auto store and see if you can find a little tube of car touch-up paint that'll be a close match.

Comment

Ah, that's a good idea! I've seen leather upolstry touch-up paint in roughly that color, so I guess it's off to Pep Boys. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] If I find a good product, I'll post it here. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Go to your local Autobody supply store and ask SEM interior paint or vinyl paint. They should have the color chart and there's quite a few creams and saddles to choose from. I'm sure one will be very close. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks Toejam & ManyAxes. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] That's why I love this place! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Tell them what you are doing so they can point you in the right direction as far as adhesion promoter. Either DPX 801 or bulldog which are ready to spray from a gun but maybe they have something in spray can also!
              Good luck and let us know how you made out. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Anyone ever paid a creme pickup?

Hey folks,
                Anyone ever paint a pickup creme? I've painted creme pickups black, but never the other way around! Do they even make a simple can color that matches "pickup creme"? I'd just buy new ones, but they don't make them in creme. Any info would be much appreciated. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool. Looking forward to see how it turns out. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Take some before and after pics, too. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

another thing you can do without doing something permanent is get those bobbin toppers that brian calvert sells on the universal jems site. they're stupid cheap, like 3 or 5 bucks and you can get em in any color.

sully
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                      Duncan will make them, but they have to put a cover on them due to DiMarzio's trademark patent. You can call Duncan and tell them what you want and to just put the cover on top without gluing it on so you can take it off easily.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Are you sure about that ? I've been buggin them for months to make me one and they said that they cant and they wont do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Venom:
                        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by toejam:
                        Duncan will make them, but they have to put a cover on them due to DiMarzio's trademark patent. You can call Duncan and tell them what you want and to just put the cover on top without gluing it on so you can take it off easily.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Are you sure about that ? I've been buggin them for months to make me one and they said that they cant and they wont do it. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hmm, I remember that they used to. Maybe they've stopped. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Oh well, there's always Carvin (whose pickups actually sound very good). I guess they can get away with it because of the extra pole pieces, or maybe DiMarzio just doesn't care too much about them?

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
                          another thing you can do without doing something permanent is get those bobbin toppers that brian calvert sells on the universal jems site. they're stupid cheap, like 3 or 5 bucks and you can get em in any color.

sully
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's a good idea, too! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Brian's a very cool guy (and a member here, though I don't think he's been here in awhile). I got a leather DiMarzio Cliplock strap from him not long ago. Good times!!

Comment

Working...
                          X