X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loctite on toggle switch knob?

So I've got a guitar with your standard 3-way toggle switch :

http://www.allparts.com/store/electr...00,Product.asp

The trouble is, I beat the piss out of that knob when I play. No matter how hard I tighten it down, it unscrews and flies off instantly. Any simple remedies? Is Loctite threadlocker a good idea, or is that stuff a bit too permanent?

http://www.loctiteproducts.com/produ...id=48&plid=695

I don't know about loctite, I guess it would work. Do you think a locking was would work?
    Just one more guitar!

Comment

I had this problem on my Soloist. What I did was take some plumbers tape and put it on the threads of the switch. That did the trick...
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
        I had this problem on my Soloist. What I did was take some plumbers tape and put it on the threads of the switch. That did the trick...
        Interesting, I have some of that tape at home and will try that. Thanks!

Comment

+1 on what Bengal did.
          By the way, the blue loctite would probably be better for what you are doing than the green. The green isn't as permanent as the red, but it's used on electronic nuts and stuff that aren't intended to be taken apart.

Comment

This also works on trem and bridge posts if you leave it thin enough to maintain a ground..

As for loctite,that may be too permanent and if it runs into the toggle itself may create a real problem.
            Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Thanks guys, that little plumbers tape trick fixed it right up. That mod only took me 10 minutes....9 of which were spent looking for the damn tape!

Comment

Working...
              X