Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neck Thru Truss Rod Adjustments - How Often?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck Thru Truss Rod Adjustments - How Often?

Just wanted to get a feel for what everyone else experiences with their neck thru guitars. I've got a KV2 that needs the truss rod adjusted about every season (4 times per year).

Is this normal for high end neck thru guitars?

Quite normal. It depends on the climate conditions. I do mine more than 4 times a year usually. Some necks are more picky, I have a PRS that hasn't needed an adjustment at all since I've owned it. But my Soloist needs it about 4-5 times per year. So yes, it's normal. And high-end or POS, it doesn't matter...
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Move south a few hundred miles to AZ. Climate here is very guitar friendly.
      I haven't had to make one adjustment to any of my guitars short of the initial setup.
      OK... I did switch to a heavier string gauge on my strat, so it did require a little tweak.
      -Rick

Comment

Cool. Thanks for the info.

I just asked because I've got a cheap Ibanez and a import Jackson that are bolt ons and the necks never need adjusted.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPlatteDemon View Post
          Cool. Thanks for the info.

I just asked because I've got a cheap Ibanez and a import Jackson that are bolt ons and the necks never need adjusted.
          Yeah, each guitar can be different...
          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
            Move south a few hundred miles to AZ. Climate here is very guitar friendly.
            I haven't had to make one adjustment to any of my guitars short of the initial setup.
            OK... I did switch to a heavier string gauge on my strat, so it did require a little tweak.
            When I lived in Minnesota I had to tweak mine a dew times a year. Now that I live in south Texas I hardly have to touch them. I do have a few that are never happy. One being a BC Rich Bich NJ.
            Just one more guitar!

Comment

It also depends on the individual guitar... most of mine have 3 piece necks or a strong piece of wood, so even with the difference between summer and winter over here I only have to tweak like 4 out of 16 guitars 2x a year

Comment

Friend of mine has a flame maple neck. Even though he lives in So Cal which is pretty dry most of the time, the neck moves *SO* much, he has to tweak it almost every time he picks it up.... Said he doesnt bother putting the TR cover on anymore..

Comment

Working...
                X