cleaning maple necks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleaning maple necks

You can use lemon oil on rosewood, but what can you use on maple? At the mo, I've only got the usual guitar cleaning spray til my Fender kit shows up (well it has, twunts just haven't got a frikkin price for it - dumbasses). Can I still use that on a maple neck? You'll excuse the ignorance, but I've never owned a maple neck guitar before (no BS).
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Lick it clean with your tongue. It's what I do, but make sure no one has fwopped on it!
    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

I use lemon oil on my Maple boards... works like a charm.
      I'm the exact opposite. I only have one guitar with a Rosewood board.
      -Rick

Comment

Lemon oil is also fine on maple boards. Be careful with cleaning kits... some of them are not intended for use on maple (some of the Dunlop stuff says it's not to be used on maple).
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
          Lick it clean with your tongue. It's what I do, but make sure no one has fwopped on it!
          Stay away from Nottingham you filthy bastard
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

i like to clean it with premium zippo fluid, then oil it with Danish oil.
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Ajax and a green scratch pad and really dig in when cleaning.
              The idea is to damage your fret board,
              because it plays so much better with a screwed up fret board.
              Last edited by Soap; 08-01-2007, 12:28 PM.
              Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52679
                wilki, use the damn search function, or look it is right under your nose.
                "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I'm a Brit. Too lazy for that. Can't even be bothered to pay my bills so I have to use the internet at work.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Originally posted by Soap View Post
                    Ajax and a green scratch pad and really dig in when cleaning.
                    The idea is to damage your fret board,
                    because it plays so much better with a screwed up fret board.
                    Don't use Ajax. Just use regular soap, Soap. :ROTF:
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Fine, I'll just play my guitar in the bath
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Well, if you are going to play it in the tub, use lemon oil. It will float better when you set it down.

Gasoline is a good solvent to clean maple with. Just apply liberally with a 2 inch wide paint brush, let soak, then apply two more times, again letting it soak in between coats.

Apply one last heavy coat of gas, then toss a match on it and let it burn off the excess gas for about 5 minutes. If the neck is still burning (or smoldering) afterward, toss it in the tub and use the shower to put it out.

Finally, apply thin coat of 20W-50 Valvoline Racing Oil to the neck and buff off the excess. I hear that this allows you to get a few more horsepower out of it...

Comment

I use lem oil on my maple neck ibanez. Cleans it up nicely and hasn't harmed it.

Comment

This stuff is the best and safest for finished or plain wood MAPLE NECKS . . .

http://www.constantines.com/index.as...OD&ProdID=2989
                            Last edited by j4vice; 08-14-2007, 04:07 PM.
                            JvicE

Comment

Eh, why clean it...maple boards look great when they are dirty.
                              MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Working...
                              X