Problem with PC-1 trussrod-nut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with PC-1 trussrod-nut

Seems I need your expertise. It was time to adjust the trussrod on my PC-1 and then I noticed that the hexagon of the trussrod-nut is totally messed up (great work by the pre-owner [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] ). It is possible to loosen then nut but impossible to tighten. My question: Can I just screw the nut out and replace it for a new one, or is it more complicated? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: Problem with PC-1 trussrod-nut

Does nobody have an answer? Perhaps I put it into the wrong words (I'm only the dumb German, you know [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ). In other words, I'm curious if I can easily replace a trussrod nut or if it's more complicated than just screwing the old nut off and and new one in. [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img] thanks [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

without having experience with the truss rod you are talking about, I can't really say, but most I have ever worked on you can. I usually take them out and put vasaline on to lubricate them if I'm having to do major fretwork or something of that nature.

Comment

Thank you very much people, doesn't sounds complicated at all [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I wasn't sure about this, because I never changed a trussrod-nut before [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm not sure about the PC1, specifically, but you can replace the nuts on many trussrods. Here's a few from StewMac's website:
          Replacement Truss Rod Nuts

I have no idea how difficult of a job it would be, though. Never had to it myself.

Comment

If the old nut is the same as the one you're buying, you just need to unscrew it to the point where it comes off. Then take your new nut and screw that one in place of the old one.

It's as easy as that. Now if the new nut is differently sized you'll have problems.

Edit: That's how it works on my Jackson strat from '88. I don't know if Jackson has changed anything in the nut departement [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

/Thoraby

Comment

Working...
            X