Electric-Acoustics and DI boxes...???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric-Acoustics and DI boxes...???

Hey all, I have a few questions on Electric acoustics and Di Boxes. I have a small P.A. in my basement for vocals, and Bass, etc... I also use an Electric acoustic thru the board. It tends to sound a bit like distortion if I really strumm aggresivley. I played around with the tone know trying to roll off the highs and I also played with the input gain on the board channel. That helped lots, but at times there is still a bit of noise there. almost a buzzing sound. So what is causing this? is the Piezo transducer shot? WOuld a DI box help? How exactly does a DI box benefit an Electric acoustic into a board? I know they will convert the 1/4 to a XLR, but other than that what do they offer? There is NO preamp on the guitar, just a volume knob and a tone knob. Is it possible that the bridge itself is vibrating on the piezo causing the problem? I would appreciate any help or suggestions you people can provide as This isnt really my territory of expertise. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Thanks in advance [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Re: Electric-Acoustics and DI boxes...???

Is it making a distortion sound, or is it more like a crackling sound when you strum hard? A guy I went to college with had an Ovation with a piezo in it, and when it started crackling the whole pickup needed to be replaced. I hope that isn't what is happening to you.

Comment

Its hard to describe. I guess it kinda crackles or has somewhat of a buzzing sound. kinda weird. How bout the DI box concept? can anyone tell me what benefits they have?

Comment

c'mon... someone must know about those DI boxes. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
        X