No announcement yet.

Keeping my whammy bar where I want it !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping my whammy bar where I want it !

On my Dinky XL the whammy bar never stays in place. It always slides away from me and it is very annoying. I dont want to buy a new tremelo system. Has anyone got any "quick fix" for this?

Re: Keeping my whammy bar where I want it !

I made the same observation with my KE3 and Soloist. The Soloist has an OFR and the arm is a collared screw-in-to-tighten type, and the KE3 has a JT580LP with a similar style of arm. I don't understand why I can't tighten the arm to the point where the arm stays still on the JT580LP like I can with the OFR.

Plus, the arm "wiggles" (no jokes about the "wiggle stick" like in the Efraid forum now! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) in the JT580LP. In the OFR, it "wiggles" only if the arm is allowed to swing freely. Once you tighten the OFR arm to the point of it staying where you want it, the arm doesn't shift around any more. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

And then there's the Ibanez Edge arm which just pops in and stays where you want and NEVER "wiggles".

Comment

With my one i cant tighten it to thwe point where it wont move but then if i use it a couple of times it will losen and flop down again. On the Jason Becker video in his studio he was using his tremolo for vibrato and he wasnt holding on to it he was picking and then moving to the bar and then picking etc. I wanna just be able to grab it and use it then leave it where it was!

Comment

Wrap either some PTFE plumber's tape or dental floss around the threads of the collar. They'll hold the bar in place.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. Ill give it a go tommorow [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

You can also drop a pickup adjustment screw down in the hole for the arm. THe pressure it puts up against the bag should be enough to remova any play in the arm.

Comment

Working...
            X