Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !Floyd insert help wanted!

hey guys,

I'm having some problems with a lic. floyd's posts (the newer one with the inserts and allen topped posts, not the flatheaded wood post). I was restringing the guitar today, and i noticed that when I had the wedge between the recess and the floyd, the post and insert nearest to the volume control, was Coming out.

I'm unsure of what to do. its the insert (with the post screwed in), thats coming out of the body. do i need to get something to glue the insert into the body? I'm hoping it'll be ok for a week, i need to gig next sunday and was hoping to use this guitar.
    or will it be ok, left alone? Its not doing anything, since everyting strung up, theres nothing to pull the floyd up to take the insert out, and the string pull will be enough to keep it in there. I've got three spring in the claw as well.

any suggestions? please?

Re: !Floyd insert help wanted!

Just pull the insert out and squeeze a little wood glue in the hole and push the insert back in.Let it sit over night before stringing it back up. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

ok thanks richard. so after I glue in the insert, then screw in the post and restring, everything will be fine?

is this prone to happen again?

sorry about the double thread guys. it was an accident!

Comment

I would let it sit over night before I restrung it. It should be ok.I've done lots of guitars that way.But be sure to inspect the body for cracks around the trem post holes if you have a crack in that area repair that first then do the other.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
        X