Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !Floyd insert help wanted!

hey guys,

I'm having some problems with a lic. floyd's posts. I was restringing the guitar today, and i noticed that when I had the wedge between the recess and the floyd, the post and insert nearest to the volume control, was Coming out.

I'm unsure of what to do. its the insert (with the post screwed in), thats coming out of the body. do i need to get something to glue the insert into the body? I'm hoping it'll be ok for a week, i need to gig next sunday and was hoping to use this guitar.
    or will it be ok, left alone? Its not doing anything, since everyting strung up, theres nothing to pull the floyd up to take the insert out, and the string pull will be enough to keep it in there. I've got three spring in the claw as well.

any suggestions?

Re: !Floyd insert help wanted!

That really should be abit more secure. I've seen the wood crack between the stud and the trem hole if left like it is. Some 5 minute epoxy should work nicely. just pull the stud out. wipe some around the edge of the hole (not the stud and not too much) you could put a small piece of paper over the bottom of the stud so the glue does'nt get into the threads pushing it in. If its pretty tight already and just lifted ,push it back down for now. If its to the point you can grab it with your fingers and move it. I'd deal with it now!!

Comment

sprry about the double thread guys.

by stud, do you mean the insert? so i glue on the wood of the guitar around the insert? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

can I just glue the insert back in, then screw the post in after the insert's secured and everything will be ok? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Have you taken the insert out of the body?If so squirt a little wood glue in the hole and push the insert back in the hole.Just don't push the insert too far in the hole.Just flush with the body.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
        X