San Dimas tuners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Dimas tuners

I have a 1986 San Dimas King V, and almost everything on it is stock. I've always wondered about the tuners. Anyone know what brand tuners are period correct for that guitar? The locking nut is 10mm, which suggests to me they were not made in the USA. They are black, and there are no markings on them of any kind. Oh, and they still work perfectly, even after 20 years.

should be gotohs i believe

Comment

Cant tell from that lousy pix. Take a smaller better pix of the back of the headstock. I was going to say "Jackson", if no sticker than ill have to see the tuners "ear" is angled or straight.
      Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Originally posted by ADR View Post
        Cant tell from that lousy pix. Take a smaller better pix of the back of the headstock. I was going to say "Jackson", if no sticker than ill have to see the tuners "ear" is angled or straight.
        There are no logos on the back and the tuner ears are straight.

Comment

Gotoh SG-36, no? Here's a gold one:

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
            Gotoh SG-36, no? Here's a gold one:

Maybe, but mine look like they might be slightly different to me. Here's a better pic :

Comment

they are correct & original, later 86's had jackson logo same tab, then the tab was angled after that.

Comment

Am i the only one wondering why the headstcok is white in the first pic, and red in the second one?
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                  Am i the only one wondering why the headstcok is white in the first pic, and red in the second one?
                  Hehe, the first pic was the first refin from 1997 in white. I had Big Head do a second refin in Ferrari red (the first refin was terrible fell apart over the years). I'll post full pics of everything when I get it put back together.

Comment

Working...
                  X