Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how hard is it to rebolt the neck and set up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how hard is it to rebolt the neck and set up.

I'm thinking of getting a custom design painted on 1 of my guitars by b.c. guitars and I have to send just the body. Is it hard to rebolt the neck and set it up again? I've never done this before and does it lose a little grip when you unscrew and rescrew the neck on? Just want to know maybe I'll just send the whole axe. Its a small graphic on the horn so it might be easier for me to send the whole axe down to Fl.Thanks

Re: how hard is it to rebolt the neck and set up.

You take it off carefully and with exact care you bolt it on. Just place it in the right spot, take neckplat (if have on), place it on, then take two screws and screw them diagonally into holes. Screw alternating! Screw one screw almost to full, but don't too tight. Just keep the neck to sit into the pocket. Screw other on to app. 80 %.
    Then take other two that are left and screw them almost to full. Then check if the neck is in the right position. If so, screw them to full, one at the same time. Then tight them alternating and diagonally, but not to the wood-cracking-sound point.

It is the exact way I've done it for first time two days ago and guitar plays nicely.
    It is very smart to screw them diagonally and alternating.

I know one guy that screwed his wheel on a car one screw at the time and fully tighten it. Next thing that happened was that the screw that was holding the wheel with the full power, poked out. Stupid. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: how hard is it to rebolt the neck and set up.

I've unscrewed and screwed in LOTS of necks. As long as you put the neck on straight and don't mess with the bridge/truss rod while the neck is off, it should screw back on easily and just about right back to where it was set up before. If the strings seem to want to fall off to one side, loosen the neck bolts and straighten it again.

Comment

Working...
      X