single pushbutton switch help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• single pushbutton switch help.

Anyone know where I can find info or a diagram to build a single button footswitch to activate the bypass on my TC Electronic M300? I want to add it to my existing amp channel footswitch, and have access to bypassing the one effect unit without having to bypass the entire effects loop leaving all the other effects on.
    Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks!
    Donnie Cretsinger
    [email protected]

Re: single pushbutton switch help.

Ok, first, you want the TC to come on ONLY when you switch from one channel to the other, and still be able to bring the TC in and out of either channel at any time?

This can be done farily easily using only the channel switch itself, but you'd need to add another switch to the box to activate the TC's bypass, as well as another 1/4" jack for the TC's footswitch cable.

If this is how you want to go, you'll have to jump the channel switch's prongs to the bypass jack, and then wire the new switch to the jack as well.

You can specify what channel the TC is activated by (Clean or Dirty) when you change amp channels by the secondary (new) footswitch (bypassed in Dirty means active in Clean). If you add the new switch close enough to the channel switch, you can hit both at once and quickly bypass/activate the TC when you change channels. You can also just have the new switch as the only one to bypass/activate the TC if it is close enough to the channel switch.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

This can be done farily easily using only the channel switch itself, but you'd need to add another switch to the box to activate the TC's bypass, as well as another 1/4" jack for the TC's footswitch cable.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm not looking to have it switch when I change amp channels, I just want a simple diagram for a single button switch to activate the M300s bypass. That way I don't have to use my amps effects loop switch and shut everything else off. I can leave my compressor/noise gate on and just toggle the delay in and out of the signal. Thanks!

Comment

Ah, ok, I get it. You want it as a separate switch then. If you want the switch to be added to your current amp's footbox (to cut down on floor clutter), you'll need to add two holes (1/4" jack and footswitch) to that box, but if you can live with another floor unit, you might be able to use one of those generic round footswitches that most guitar stores carry (assuming, of course, the TC's Bypass jack is a standard 1/4" mono jack and not a custom stereo or DIN jobbie).

So, wiring these things yourself is painfully simple:
        Jack lead to one prong of the switch, jack ground to the other prong. Plug a 1/4" guitar cable into the jack and the TC's Bypass jack, and voila [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
        X