Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• floyd rose anchor / studs

greetings, my charvel 89 body just arrived today, it was originally equiped
    with a germany made schaller floyd rose tremolo. the owner left the studs in there, i was planning on tossing in my old gnarly jackson jt-580, but the anchors are way to thin to fit. anyone know where i can buy fatter anchors? and would they fit with the jt-580?
    thanks

www.guitarpartsdepot.com The floyd rose studs are the same as Schaller studs.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

thanks!

Comment

Why would you put in a JT-580 instead of another Schaller or Original Floyd?
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

+1 Yeah, that would be to downgrade the guitar!

Comment

Maybe he cant afford $160+ for a new Schaller.
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Then he should save up for one. The guitar deserves it!

Comment

i shant! for i am on a low budget.

the anchors just arrived today from guitar parts depot
                the anchors still, did not fit into the original studs.
                anyone know were i can purchase those badboys?
                other than ebay?

thanks.....

Comment

Sorry for getting here too late and you finding out what you already know. The fat bushings cannot be found anywhere, and you are lucky to have them. I had to buy another body once just to get them because they are just impossible to find. Why is it you want to change? Even if you change bushings, the distance between the posts will be the same and if that is why your JT580 won't fit, you are still screwed (LOL! pun intended!).

If you can't use the existing bushings, the only other solution is to fill the holes with dowel and re-drill new holes. Not an easy operation.

Comment

I think he needs the studs... sounds like the inserts are in the body but he needs the right studs to go with them

Comment

Thats strange, every Charvel I have that was equipped with a Schaller uses the OFR style posts. I know the older JT6 guitars used totally different bushings and studs, maybe thats what yours was origonally equipped with?

Comment

Originally posted by slash View Post
                        I think he needs the studs... sounds like the inserts are in the body but he needs the right studs to go with them
                        i agree!

the floyd that was originally equiped in the guitar( 1989 predator)was one of these

(only with the charvel logo, and the made in germany engrave thing)
                        the studs are wider than the original floyd
                        does frets on the net make custom anchors?

Comment

Working...
                        X