Looking for Warrior wiring diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Warrior wiring diagram

I just bought my first 90' Warrior and need help restoring the wiring in it. The rear p/u has been replaced with a mini sreamin demon. The mini toggle is an on/off switch now and the tone knob doesn't work. The 5 way sel. switch does work but the front p/u is terribly weak. NEED HELP [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: Looking for Warrior wiring diagram

What model/brand is the front pickup? It might have been selected for its weakness by the previous owner (maybe he didn't use a Clean channel, just flip to the neck and roll back the volume a bit to clean it up some).

The mini toggle went to a mid-sweep circuit that is interesting for about 10 minutes.
    The original tone knob also controlled the mid-sweep's sweep.

The original Armstrong rails pickups in those guitars were horrible, IMO. I replaced the ones in my USA Warrior with a JB Jr and a Hot Rails - still working on a good one for the neck (maybe Lil59).

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hey NewC thanks for the info. The front and middle p/u are Armstrong rails. I hope they aren't as weak as they seem to be. I have a 90' Predator with a rail neck p/u and it isn't near that weak. Let me know when find that perfect neck p/u. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Hmmm. The Armstrongs weren't really weak as far as output level, they were weak as in "they suck" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        The most horribly nasal tone I've ever heard, and they put a mid-boost on 'em? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Anyhoo, I'd definitely go with either another JB Jr or a Lil59 in the neck, depending on the tone you wanted out of the neck pickup; If you want nice cleans and warmer leads in the neck, get a Lil59. If you want more bite and dark crunchy rhythm in the neck, get the JBJr.

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
        X