Adjustment Values for a Rhoads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustment Values for a Rhoads?

Anyone here can tell me the right values (milimiters) to tell 'em to my tech so he can set up my USA Rhoads (schaller double locking trem)?
    It's been refreted to dumlops 6000, so I need info to check reelef, action (loweast posible) at 1st & 6th strings, etc. I need expected values & where to check them.
    Since she has higher frets, need to know strings hight messured on the top of first fret(at 1st & 6th)

Re: Adjustment Values for a Rhoads?

?
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I agree

?

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

See it this way: you buy a used Rhoads and it need new frets. Your quitar tech (luthier) did the job (flawless job ), but u dont know how it is supposed to be setted (and how to check it) to tell him "Hey duh, this action is a bit high" or "it´s ok". The problem is tha I never ever had a Rhoads befor & my techie never enver seen a USA Rhoads befor (hes is the best guy in town and I'm in ROSARIO, the 2nd city in population of Argentina). Did I make myself clearer?

Comment

Makes sense - I got your PM and sent one back [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I P.M.ed you as well.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

For reasons of public intrest, I'll put this stuff here too.

You don't want any relief on a Jackson neck. None. Not any at all. They're not vintage Fenders with 7" fingerboard radius. They're modern guitars with FLAT-ASS (12-14" radius, maybe 16" on some) fingerboards. Relief is not required.

Facory setup puts the string height at the fist fret at 0.5mm. String height at the 12th fret is 1.5mm.

If you can't get the guitar set up with these values, you have serious issues. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X