Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trans Black - is there any brown tone in it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trans Black - is there any brown tone in it?

Does Jackson's Trans Black finish have any brown color in it? I have seen many online pictures of Jacksons with Trans Black finishes that look like they have brown tones in them. I'm guessing (hoping) that's just a result of the photography (overexposed or something?).

I like Trans Black as a potential color choice, but not in the pictures where it looks brownish.

Re: Trans Black - is there any brown tone in it?

I had a DK2S that had a little brown in it but
    it was mostly black. Bright light makes the brown
    jump out more. See the Jackson catalog. There is a DK2S trans black in the catalog with hints of brown.

Comment

Thanks!

I like Trans Black, but I don't care for the brown tint. I wanted to know if it was a reality or just a result of photography or my computer screen, etc. Looks like it's a reality, so I'll have to be careful in looking for a Trans Black.

Comment

It depends on the piece of wood under it. Trans black can shade from green to blue to brown. We're not talking about a heavy tint, just a slight hint of coloration. If possible, try before you buy since there's a large variation.

Comment

I've never really liked the trans black finishes. I've probably seen dozens, and many seem to be more of a trans grey-type shade.

Comment

I own a Jackson Dkmg in trans black, uploaded a pic for you here (sorry it is 1.9mb, have no clue how to make it smaller :-)
            http://home.arcor.de/last-entertainment/S4200026.JPG
            I really love the guitar and its look.

Btw: First post in this very cool forum after about 8 months of only reading.
            Greets to Parntz...do you remember the guy who purchased your Lawrence L500XL last year? It's me [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X