D-Tuna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-Tuna

I'm likely joining a band which plays in drop-D tuning and I hate it. Are there any production guitars available which would accomodate a D-Tuna? As I understand you need a non-recessed floyd sitting flush to the body.

Any experiences with the d-tuna would be appreciated

I'd grab a Wolfgang. The imports & the USA models are both great, imo, but they're not everybody's cup of tea. Try one out & see if it agrees with you.

Comment

I just installed one on a 2005 Charvel. Very easy to install and set-up.

Comment

The D-Tuna is cool if you need to go from the drop tuning to standard quicker than it takes to swap guitars...

What I would do is just tune 2 of my guitars to drop-D and be done with it. Change to another guitar if they use a standard tuning...

But yes, you do need a non recessed trem that's flush with the body to make them work right...
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

If you want or can go w/out a trem, try a Hipshot...

Comment

You can use a recessed trem, but you have to block it so you can't pull up.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

You can use a Tremol-No on floating Floyd guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                The D-Tuna is cool if you need to go from the drop tuning to standard quicker than it takes to swap guitars...

What I would do is just tune 2 of my guitars to drop-D and be done with it. Change to another guitar if they use a standard tuning...

But yes, you do need a non recessed trem that's flush with the body to make them work right...
                yeah I would do that if I wanted to buy 2 more guitars

I really only want to have 1 main guitar that can do everything and 1 backup that can do anything in a pinch.

Given that some of you say it can still be done on a recessed trem as long as it's blocked, I have a lot more choices.

Comment

Working...
                X