Wilkinson Bridge Questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilkinson Bridge Questions...

I was going through some stuff the other day and found a Wilkinson convertible bridge - model # VS100CVV - that I bought a while back to put on my Strat. The problem is that it didn't come with any kind of manual and I can't figure out how to install it! It has what appear to be two pivot screws instead of the Floyd-type bushing/posts, but I am only seeing one place where the bridge would contact a screw. I'd really like to know what I'm doing before I tear the guitar apart! I can deal with replacing Floyds just fine but I've never seen anything like this.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: Wilkinson Bridge Questions...

That is so the bridge is kind of a "universal" mount. Along the right front edge there is no curved edge, so it can be used with slightly varying post spacing. THe right front edge should be a knife edge, and the curved one keeps it alligned.

Comment

A thousand thanks for the info! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Still a little confused, but based on your input, I forged ahead and it all came together. What had been throwing me off was the optical illusion that the curved knife edge was located farther forward than the straight knife edge. Once I started to install, I saw the visual error and it took about 10 minutes to finish. Now I'm knee-deep in fine tuning the adjustments! I think I'm really gonna like this bridge!

Thanks again! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Those are supposed to be pretty damn good bridges. Another good one for any of those interested, is the hipshot ball bearing trem. I replaced the American standard trem on my strat with one and it is great.

Comment

Working...
        X