Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this Fender body routed for an Original Floyd Rose trem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this Fender body routed for an Original Floyd Rose trem?

Other pictures may be found here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...720281341&rd=1

I see the thread insert things that are flush with the body, which means that it's ready for a non-recessed Original Floyd Rose, correct?

But then I looked at Fender.com and saw their American Series Strats and NONE of them have Floyd Rose trems on them. Will it still work?

Any info would be REALLY helpful, especially if you could tell me anything about the neck I'd have to buy if this body requires a non-recessed Floyd.

Interesting to note... that little "micro tilt" thing looks pretty cool for fine-tuning the neck angle.

Re: Is this Fender body routed for an Original Floyd Rose trem?

By the way, I'm looking to build something like this:

I'm either aiming for a black body with white pickguard, or white body with a black pickguard. Either maple or rosewood board is fine, but I'd prefer H/S/H layout, black Floyd, and black hardware on a Strat body.

Comment

Would this Charvel neck fit?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...720876960&rd=1

Thanks for the info.

Comment

All the newer "American Standard Strats" have a 2 pivot point trem on them. I'm not sure if the spacing is the same or not. My fender finatic buddies line is busy so if no one else chimes in with the answer it may be a while from me.. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

His other auctions look like he's parting out a pile of Strats. The neck to the body is in his other auctions, if you want to pay that much! [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] You could get a nice Warmoth neck cheaper than what those will go for.

Comment

I believe Floyd posts are spaced farther apart than on that Fender body shown there.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Those inserts look too narrow to be for a Floyd. Fender has had quite a few different trem styles over the years, so they could be almost anything. I would measure the distance between the centers of each insert, and then check the specs (they may have them in the stew mac catalog or online). I'm pretty sure if you want a Floyd in there, you will have to do some woodworking. Good Luck!

Comment

FYI, I've never seen a US (or Japanese for that matter) Strat with a swimming pool route like that. I think you're looking at a Mexican body.

Comment

Craaaaaaaap... I know nothing about woodworking and carving extra routes. I'll just wait until I specifically see a body routed for a Floyd, or I'll just aim for a Jackson Strat/Dinky body then. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

My buddies 92' Floyd Rose Strat purchased brand new by him has a swimming pool route.. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

USA American Standard and Strat Plus guitars had 'swimming pool' routes from the time they debuted (1986 and 1987) until the late 90's.

Comment

Looks like every other mexican body I've had.The round hole to the bottom of the swimming pool rout indicates mexican /poplar body.I've built tons of parts guitars out of these bodies.The jap bodies don't have that hole.The USA bodies may have it I don't no for sure I havn't had a new USA apart yet.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Look closely at the neck pocket it looks like it has a micro tilt. They never put those on a MIM strat aside from the 70's reissue. And the MIM strats have two holes and the USA 's have one. Both do have the swimmng pool route until 2000 when they started using the older body designs with the individual pup routes. Those posts look like a typical two point fender trem or a wilkinson. Looks legit to me.
                          Gil

Comment

Thanx, that's what I was gettin' at! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Meh, I'm already not considering some of these Fender bodies because they don't have the Floyd stud insert spacing on them. But thanks for the additional info guys. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X