Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modifying my DXMG

Hey all,

I own my DXMG for 3 years now and I love the thing. I have swapped the pickups for Adder Plus Persuader Lead Custom and Felony X and really dig how it sounds while it's tuned to C or B most of the time.

I'm thinking it has some wear on the knife edges so I might swap the bridge for a Schaller and also the pots are crackling and loose so I think I will ask someone to tear out all electronics and wire it so that I can play the bridge hum, neck hum and split neck hum with a 3-way switch.

The following I'd like to do myself but I need some help. I have some scratchmarks on the back of the neck. I always liked the feel of an oiled neck so I want to sand the satin finish off and oil it with... I don't know yet How it works best. I want to be really careful because i'm a bit picky on my guitars (who isn't?). Is there some sort of tutorial available on the net? Or can you give me some advice? I'm mostly worried about the ivory bindings because I'd like to keep them in top shape.

Thanks!

Ize

Let me break this down

Originally posted by Izegrim View Post
    I'm thinking it has some wear on the knife edges so I might swap the bridge for a Schaller and also the pots are crackling and loose so I think I will ask someone to tear out all electronics and wire it so that I can play the bridge hum, neck hum and split neck hum with a 3-way switch.
    I wouldn't personally replace the trem unless there is something major wrong the knife points, like it not going back to tune after a dive bomb or pull up. If thats the case, replace it. As for the pots crackling, spray some contact cleaner in them and see if that clears it up.

The following I'd like to do myself but I need some help. I have some scratchmarks on the back of the neck. I always liked the feel of an oiled neck so I want to sand the satin finish off and oil it with... I don't know yet How it works best. I want to be really careful because i'm a bit picky on my guitars (who isn't?). Is there some sort of tutorial available on the net? Or can you give me some advice? I'm mostly worried about the ivory bindings because I'd like to keep them in top shape.
    While I'm not 100% swure on the actual process (though I'm sure someone is), let me give you a few general tips. You'll want to put masking tape over the binding and probably the sides of the fretboard and headstock to be safe. Also, if you do that, it will probably kill the value of the guitar (if that matters to you).

Comment

noobies, they never look....
      http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52679.
      although i find tru-oil to my liking.
      "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Working...
      X