Evans pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evans pickups

Has anyone used any of the elimiator humbuckers or whatever theyre called. I hear theyre supposed to be good but thats all ive heard. The site says that jason becker used them and his highs sounded great but i never really heard many low riffs.

Re: Evans pickups

They are great completely silent pickups. I had a full set in a strat that was wired by Jeff Becks' guitar tech. I bought them directly from him and he put them in while I waited. Jeff Beck used them too.

Comment

Jeff Healey was a big Evans user (Evans and Healey are both Canadians, if I recall correctly). He used the Evans in an import Fender and those pickups were used on probably at least 3-4 of Healey's discs.

Here's a link to Evans' website and it has some soundclips,though they may not be the style that you are looking for: Evans Guitar Pickups
      Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

I use Evans in a few of my guitars. They are easily the best passive pickups out there. You can cram tons of distortion through them, and all you here are the notes, even on single coils. The only pickups that can come close are EMGs, but they require batteries, so I think the Evans are much better. They rule...........

Comment

if they are that good normally i wonder what would happen if i put an emg pa2 in with em. Wouldn't that make em even clearer. And if they have good cleans and good distortion im pretty much sold. One more thing, i heard from somewhere that they just started makin em again or somethin so are the old ones any different from the new ones?

Comment

my jazz teacher had them in his humbucker'd tele. they sounded great thru his old fender, tho i never had them distorted. they sounded great clean, nice full round tone.

Comment

They were originally driven out of business by, ummm, lets say some immoral business practices of a certain guitar manufacturer who will remain nameless, but is the current owner of one of our favorite brands. Yes, they are finally back into production after trying to recover from the before mentioned assholes. As far as I know, they are the same as the old ones.......

Comment

Working...
              X