One more neck question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more neck question

I've been trying to get rid of some of the fret buzz on my DK2, I shimmed the nut and that got rid of the open string buzzes but it still buzzes alot on frets 1-6 or so. I adjusted the truss rod so now it has a little more than .015 relief in it and the buzzing has left some but the action is high at the 12th fret and I can't lower it without the terrible buzzing coming back. After looking at the neck it seems to be shimmed to tilt it back some. The only other recessed floyd guitar I have is a Carvin and the neck is straight, no tilt, and it plays fine. Should the DK2 be tilted back or should I take the shim out if it has one. I set all my guitars up where the buzz a little, but not loud enough you can hear it through the amp. When I do it on this one, it makes it terrible to play from the 9th to 14th fret especially.

Re: One more neck question

I'd take the shim out. Necks on guitars with recessed trems should be straight. If you had a non-recessed trem or a TOM bridge like on a Les Paul, then you'd need the neck angle tilted back a little.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

This may sound dumb, but lift the Floyd at the posts. "Slap me silly, if I said something wrong."
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Take out the shim, set the neck with a tiny bit of relief and raise the Floyd to get rid of buzzing. If the neck itself is OK that's the way to go. On some guitars there' no way to get the action below a certain point. Don't ask me why, it just is that way.

Comment

Working...
        X