Wireless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless

Hey all, I'm thinking of trying to go wireless. I am tired of getting my cable tangled up. I have seen the "guitar bug" system and wonder if anyone here has tried it. It would work for my RX10D and my Strat...(according to the ads).
    Next question, how do I use my pedals with it also? Or do you use a better system?? Am open to all opinions please. [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Re: Wireless

I presume you are talking about the AKG Guitar Bug. I haven't tried, but in looking at them on the internet, they apparently have a $199 version with one antenna and a $299 version with the 'diversity' two antennas. Any wireless that's costing that much should work well, but I would recommend getting a wireless system with the two antennas as there will be less drop of signal. FYI, there are good Nady systems with the diversity/dual antennas for less than $199.

I normally use a Nady, so I'm used to the normal guitar cord plug into the guitar and the transmitter on the strap or clipped to my back pocket. The bug thing looks like it would be a lot more 'clunky' on the guitar. Maybe if you have a Fender strat top of body jack it would be ok, but I wonder about that hanging from the normal side jack like Jacksons have. Hopefully someone has experience.

As far as your pedals, you will have to run a guitar cable from the receiver up to your pedals, then from the last pedal, another guitar cord back to your amp. You'll have an extra length of cable on the floor, but when you think of it, that cable would have been the one from your guitar to the first pedal anyway, so at least with the wireless you are free to walk around and/or not get tangled in the guitar cord!

Comment

Working...
    X