Tremolock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tremolock

Does anyone remember these? Little plastic strips you could slide under the trem to do string changes and stuff? Can't seem to fine 'em anywhere, anyone?
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

I've got one. They stopped making them a long time ago.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks, Joe. That would explain why all searches show up as nothing. I just hate to "make one" on my own as those were done so well and were safe for the body's finish...
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Yeah, it's definitely a neat, handy little item. I never could figure out why they stopped making it. I know Jack (Slayer) has been looking for one for a long time, also.

Comment

Joe, can you post a pic of the device? There is this device called tremolo-no available. Dont know if it will help you or not. the (self-proclaimed) inventor of the device also posted on this forum saying its been a year since he invented the device and its sales are still going strong or something like that.

Sam

Comment

The Tremolok is just a black plastic piece with foam rubber on the bottom. You put it under your Floyd when changing strings so it doesn't sink into the body. I'll see if I can take a good pic of mine later.

Comment

gotcha! I used to use a rag cloth while changing strings.
              Sam

Comment

I installed a trem blocker from axcessories.com on my DK2 a couple weeks ago, it works like magic, no more tuning problems
                Out Of Ideas

Comment

I have a Tremolok.
                  I've had it so long that I don't remember when or where I got it.
                  Works like a dream. I'm surprised nobody makes them any longer.

Here's a pic of one I found through Google.

-Rick

Comment

Working...
                  X