Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys, Please Read My Question?

Hi, I'm Rick and new to the forum

I know MOST of you will probably laugh at me but that's okay, actually I'm laughing at myself too.

I have a question concerning a guitar that has a Floyd Rose Tremolo. Now I will try to explain my question as best as possible, I hope I find the right words so you guys can know what I'm talking about Ok here goes.

Do the Floyd Rose tremolo system have a screw in tremolo, does that make sense. .Like I thought it was set up differently where you never have to take it off? how do you actually put the tremolo on, by rotating it inwards??? If so once it's on, does it lock up or anything like that? I'm barely learning about FLoyd Rose so please dont laugh at me.
    Last edited by C.C._Devill119; 07-15-2007, 12:31 AM.

huh? you should use the search function, which sucks for some reason. So i would highly recommend, you google it, or buy a your self a good book.
    it is a pivot system.......... it pivots off the "screw" which are called post. it does a balancing act, half the tension of the strings(usually) half from the springs in the back(usually).
    Last edited by kelly user; 07-15-2007, 12:59 AM.
    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

i think he might mean the trem arm...the early ones were screw in, and you can retro fit the screw-in arm. the new ones have a threaded collar. you pop the arm in, tighten the collar down and you can tighten or loosen to achieve the desired tension. i usually tighten them all the way, i dont like the arm swinging around on its own! LOL
      My metal band Lucian Scott
      Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
      Available Now!
      New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

If it screws in all the way and is still floppy (oo-er), put a tiny bit of PTFE tape on the thread and it will bite solid a lot earlier, so you can adjust it to the position you want it to stay.
        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Working...
        X