Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Question

Yep, it's real.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: Floyd Question

Allow me to expound. My questions are: Who in Germany, if not Schaller, made the OFR? Is a SFR inferior in materials?
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Schaller makes the OFR in their factory, but they also make their own licensed version which some people feel is not as good as the OFR. Either way, they're both very well made.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The Original Floyd Rose is made by Schaller in Germany, so you are correct [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

The Schaller Floyd is made out of some sort of softer metal than what the OFR is made out of. On the early versions, the holes for the intonation-screws used to strip out, because people kept overtightening them, and soft metal isn't the best material if you're gonna overtighten screws. But on the newer versions, they have introduced hardened intonation-screwholes.

Also the baseplate on the Schaller is thicker, and the locking pins on the back are shorter.

Edit: I was writing when you posted [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Sorry

Comment

Floyd Question

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3718397437 Is this guy right?
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
          X