Wilkinson on Charvel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilkinson on Charvel?

Will Wilkinson studs screw into Kahler bushings, which are already in the model 2 body? I do know the Wilk will drop in a Fender strat, no problem..the bushings are 2 in. apart on Wilk and Fender. Not sure if compatible with Kahler bushings, any info before I buy the Wilk would be appreciated.
    Guitars: Burny Les Paul Custom, Epi Les Paul Custom, Charvel Model 1C, Alvarez Classical
    Amps: Laney Pro Tube Lead AOR 100 Watt, Laney LC-30II, Fender Frontman 25 watt
    Cab: Laney GS412P 4x12

Nope, you're pretty much stuck with the Kahler Fulcrum trem. The only direct drop-in replacement is the discontinued Kahler 2710 "Killer", which occasionally pop up on eBay. Other than that, you're looking at dowelling & re-drilling for something else.

Comment

Just grab a Floyd
      Kahlers are tone killers anyway.
      Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
      Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
      Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Comment

I can take the Kahler bushings out of the body, it's not that hard to do without damaging the body...and then put the Wilk bushings in. I just don't care for the big bulky trems, the locking nuts on the neck and all that. Simple trem, graphite nut, and locking tuners are all that's needed really. Just would have been good if the Kahler bushings could have been used. Thanks.
        Guitars: Burny Les Paul Custom, Epi Les Paul Custom, Charvel Model 1C, Alvarez Classical
        Amps: Laney Pro Tube Lead AOR 100 Watt, Laney LC-30II, Fender Frontman 25 watt
        Cab: Laney GS412P 4x12

Comment

Working...
        X