Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pickup recommendations for BC Rich Acrylic Warlock and Squier Strat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup recommendations for BC Rich Acrylic Warlock and Squier Strat?

One of my friends asked me about pickups and electronics today.

He owns a BC Rich Acrylic Warlock (2-hums) and a Squier Strat (3-singles). I forget what amp he owns but he also has a Digitech RP200 processor.

He wants to do a pickup swap, and told me he's aiming to get the following tone:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-aTddKjHzm4
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=6B43PnNZjCE

I told him everything I know about single coils VS humbuckers, passive VS active pickups, high impedence VS low impedence, and the "big three" of the aftermarket pickup companies (EMG/Duncan/DiMarzio).

He says he wants to try active pickups but I'm keeping his options open to passives as well. He doesn't think his BC Rich Acrylic Warlock has enough control cavity space to hold a 9V battery anyway. And I told him his possibilities are limitless if he takes the pickguard off his Squier Strat to see if he has the large swimming pool route.

He didn't ask for specific pickup model recommendations so I didn't mention any. Plus, I have no experience with plastic-bodied guitars and Strat-style guitars.

So, based on the video links I provided, and knowing what you know about the materials/construction of the guitars he owns, what would you recommend for his punk/rock/metal tone for each guitar?

Thanks!

LOL, never mind... he went to the music store while I typed the above post and bought himself an ESP/LTD Viper-400... haha...

Comment

melt the warlock.........
      "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
        melt the warlock.........
        Bwahaha nice suggestion

Comment

Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
          Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
          Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Comment

Working...
          X