Floyed Tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyed Tuning

Ok I don't much about how a floyed trem works exacually but I have the basic idea. My question is: if everything is set up for e tuning and I decied to drop down to e flat will I need to adjust the floyed settings? Will I need to adjust the set up? Thanks.

I spelled floyd wrong didn't I

Comment

If it's setup for full floating you will have to adjust the springs so the floyd is not leaning backwards after down tuning.

Comment

Originally posted by slash View Post
        If it's setup for full floating you will have to adjust the springs so the floyd is not leaning backwards after down tuning.
        +1

Unlock the nut, tune down a half-step, adjust the springs so the bridge is level, check tuning, lock nut, you're good to go.
        Scott

Comment

Your intonation will be SLIGHTLY different as well. Most people wouldn't notice it anyway.
          Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
          Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
          Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Comment

Or you could set the fine tuners for Standard E so that you could just drop down to Eb using them, and not unlocking the nut.

Unfortunately, this means you'll have to practically bury the fine tuners in E and they'll be almost totally out to get to Eb.

It takes practice, but once you get it set, it'll last a while.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yep, what everyone said, you'll have to adjust the springs in the body to get the bridge level when you tune down. Its not that much work to do.

Comment

or just get a 2nd floyded guitar! :p
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Working...
                X