Sealed tuners- how to........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sealed tuners- how to........

You guys know a way to get the back off a sealed tuner. I have seen some that have a small hole to pry the back off. With no hole, what do I do?
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Re: Sealed tuners- how to........

The burning question for me is...WHY???
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Well,the last time I saw an open sealed tuner it looked like it had a screw that fastened the gear to the post. Now, if that screw came loose and the post wobbled, I would want to tighten it just like you can do with non-sealed tuners. That's why!!!

Comment

Fett, just leave the motherfucker alone, it's sealed for a reason!! Ya know, it never ceases to amaze me that no matter how or why certain mechanical devices are designed the way they are, there's always some dumbass fucking hillbilly that thinks he needs to pry the motherfucker open and improve it. GEEEEEZZZZ!!!
        If it's not operating up to your level of standards just replace it for gods fucking sake! Chances are you're only going to make it worse by fucking with it.
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Well, Excuuuuuuse me. I have some kicking around and wanted to open one up. I'm not cutting a f-ing diamond. My understanding is a tuner is sealed to keep lubricant in it. God, was your mother a tuner?

Comment

Originally posted by fett:
            was your mother a tuner?
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            No, but she may have been a hillbilly!

J/K mm!
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

WOW. It's a good thing I didn't ask about something that would get a "REACTION". Haven't any of you guys opened a watch and tried to take it apart?

Comment

Hey Racer; It's vicious out there. Next time, I'll hitch up my pants and get my balls in order before I wade out to "TECHLAND" again.

Comment

Fett, chew some gum and rub your stomache at the same time to open the sealed tuner. But don't say I didn't warn you when Gazoo comes flying out in all of his green out of the tuner! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Are you saying that it will explode? Should I call the bomb squad? Will this be a toxic incident? Will Batman survive? "Tune in tomorrow. Same Bat-Time. Same Bat-Channel"

Comment

Now, if that screw came loose and the post wobbled, I would want to tighten it just like you can do with non-sealed tuners. That's why!!!
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If the post wobbles, I believe you just tighten the nut on top of it that's on the headstock of the guitar.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

What if you have don't have locking nut? My nuts lock all the time, but I know how to fix that.

Comment

What if you have don't have locking nut? My nuts lock all the time, but I know how to fix that.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, not a locking nut. I'm talking about the actual nut that goes over the tuner post and holds it onto the headstock.

Comment

Sorry. I'm talking about the post. I know there has to be a little play in it. But, when it really wobbles, the internal screw is loose. Why is this so complicated? I guess nobody cares really. Just throw it away.

Comment

Oh, you're not talking about the post that the string goes through? You're talking about the actual post under the tuner button that goes down through the casing?

Comment

Working...
                              X