Vacation: how to keep my guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacation: how to keep my guitars?

I'm going on a 3.5 week vacation. I was wondering if there is anything I should do with my guitars, as they will be unplayed for that time. (ie. keep them in a case)

Thanks
    Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
    Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
    Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

for 3.5 weeks I think you'll be fine in the case...I have left some of mine for a few months at a time with no issues at all.

Comment

Oh, okay.
      Cool, thanks!
      Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
      Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
      Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Comment

3.5 weeks! I'd be lucky with 3.5 days Leave them with me. I'll play them daily.
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

do you have a neighbour or nearby friend who could pop over daily to give them a workout, have a play, take them out for a walk?
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Electric guitars shouldn't be affected by not playing and any temperature/humidity changes. You might have to adjust them when you get back, but nothing will break.

Acoustics I would loosen the strings before you leave. My mom had a guitar that she left for a few weeks and when she came back the strings had pulled the bridge off of the body, taking some pieces of body with it.
            Scott

Comment

That period of time means they should be fine. I've left guitars I have go unplayed for that amount of time even when I wasn't on holidays.

Comment

I've left guitars for years unplayed with no problem. A few weeks ain't gonna do nuthin.

Comment

We leave our guitars tuned to pitch when we ARE playing them every day, why would it matter if we are not playing them?

Comment

Because they get lonely and depressed and start to droop
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I haven't played my '59 Les Paul since...oh, about...1960, and it's in mint shape after all these years.
                      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                      Gotta get away from here.
                      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
                      X