Tone Chambers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tone Chambers

Anyone played a six string with tone chambers? I know most guitars only have these on seven strings, but what do you think the affects would be on a six?

Re: Tone Chambers

Originally posted by Iced In Flames:
    I know most guitars only have these on seven strings
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Only on seven strings? That's news to me.
    Quite a few Les Pauls have tone chambers or weight relief holes in their bodies. The Carvin Holdsworth is also chambered.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have a Frampton Les Paul that has a chambered body, even though it still weighs a ton. The main things I find different in having a chambered body is that it's much louder when playing it unplugged, and it's very resonate....it's very easy to get good "feedback notes" when you're cranked up. I kinda like it. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

The Jazz'r by Jackson is a chambered six. There are actually quite a few chambered guitars out there (six strings) Fender makes a chambered Tele as well IIRC

Comment

Ok Tone Chambers/Holes.

Meaning the hole cut into the body on most 7 strings. Perhaps they are more different than I thought. I thought chambers and holes were technically the same thing.

Comment

Anyone else?

Comment

Working...
            X