Saga guitar kits on Ebay???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saga guitar kits on Ebay???

Anyone know if these things are any good? They had 'em at the Guitar Show for $200, and on the 'bay they are $149. I like the PRS one.
    I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Re: Saga guitar kits on Ebay???

I had a chance to check out one that was built up a couple of weeks ago. You can get the tele for under $100, and that's not a bad price. They're total cheapass jobs, but if you have some extra parts laying around to spruce things up a bit with they can be made into some decent players. Nothing I'd brag about, but good backup stuff.

Comment

...plus one could practice 'shade tree lutherie skillz' on a saga kit guitar and not feel bad if the patient dies on the table.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps:
        ...plus one could practice 'shade tree lutherie skillz' on a saga kit guitar and not feel bad if the patient dies on the table.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Number of the Priest, are you listening? [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Who says Dr. NOTP is going to lose his patients? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I will check into these Saga kits... get myself familiar with bolting stuff together, soldering, hardware installation, etc. before I go and hack around on the JS30 Jacksons. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

THere is a store in Gaithersburg, MD that sells those things pretty cheap-they have strats, teles and basses. If you wan thte name of the store, just PM me. They do mail order even if you are not nearby.

Comment

eta, can you post one of the eBay links? Strat please.

Comment

That Strat kit looks pretty cool! Ahh, so looks like I won't get any practice soldering... everything is pre-soldered! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'll put different pickups in it, most likely.

A non-recessed Floyd trem requires a different routed cavity, correct?

Comment

Never mind here's a bunch

Comment

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Thanks!! I'll definitely get my friend to cut a proper Strathead shape for me. The rest I think I can try on my own. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

*fans himself* Wooooo! I'm starting to drool! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'll definitely buy a Strat one, paint it black, get a black mirror pickguard for it, slap in some EMG-SAs and EMG electronics (EMG-SPC and EMG-EXG for that Gilmour Strat versatility), route the sucker for a Floyd Rose, and I'll have one supremely polished turd! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I only wish it had 22 frets rather than 21!

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest:

I only wish it had 22 frets rather than 21!
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Just find something cheap & fretlike at Canadian Tire and glue that sucker on there! Ahahahahahaha! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

You know what? That could actually work! The buddy who will cut the Strathead for me also has 12 steel frets left over from his bass project. Believe it or not, he built himself a fretted bass up to the 12th fret, but left 13 and up all fretless! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] His reasoning? He was too lazy to put on the remaining frets, and once you get up that high, intonation gets thrown off even with the slightest fret misplacement! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Anyways, I'll go ask him for one of his leftover frets, unless he intends to build another weird half-and-half bass. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Ha ha! I was just kidding! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Ooh wait.... [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] Put some onboard effects on there! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

There will be no more room for onboard effects after I put the EMG volume, EMG-SPC, and EMG-EXG occupying the controls. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] You're talkin' midsweeps and stuff?

Comment

Working...
                              X