Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pics as promised!! Added binding to the necks and headstocks of two of my guitars!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics as promised!! Added binding to the necks and headstocks of two of my guitars!

ATTACK OF THE JCF TURD POLISHERS Volume One!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I found some 1/8 inch white automotive pinstriping tape and added fake binding to the necks and headstocks of two of my unbound guitars. Here is the tape:

I still have enough tape left over to do a few more guitars. It’s TOTALLY worth the little money and time I spent trimming my guitars. Plus, the stuff is so thin that you can barely feel it… almost like a really thin condom. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

After adding the tape, I used a black sharpie marker to add the dots to the side of the fretboard. Everything really looks quite beautiful in person and the binding really goes well on these guitars. I totally recommend this to anyone looking to add a little "luxury" to their instruments!

Here is the first lot of pictures for my first attempt on my RG560 with before and after pictures, of course!

Re: Pics as promised!! Added binding to the necks and headstocks of two of my guitars!

Comment

Re: Pics as promised!! Added binding to the necks and headstocks of two of my guitars!

My second attempt was on my KE3 with before and after pictures!

Comment

Comment

Sweet [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          All I can find is solid black and 2-color (wide)

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Pretty cool! You'll drive people crazy trying to figure out what model your Kelly is! Although it would've looked a lot better if you had painted the necks black! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

One other thing, NOTP: The "turd polishers" thing really bugs me. Maybe Ibanez' are turds, but Jacksons most definitely are NOT. Refrain from using that phrase, or I'll kick your Canuck ass! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Now you need to do body binding on the Kelly [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Anybody got a pic of a Kelly shape with body binding or pinstriping? I've got plenty of tape left over and I'm thinking of adding the body trim as well.

Thanks for the compliments guys! Bahhh... painting the necks will be too much work. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Although, I do agree that light binding looks fantastic on darker paint schemes. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Newc, I'm sure you can find it at an automotive store (like Autozone, perhaps) but I found mine at Canadian Tire.

Comment

That looks very cool!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That means it's your turn now, Toejam! Deck that Les Paul out!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

That looks pretty slick!
                      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

NOTP: great minds think alike! I've been using that white 1/8" pinstripe tape for about a year to add 'binding' to the side of the fingerboard to better be able to see the side fret dots in dark clubs. For the black dots, I used some graphic design 1/8" diameter black circles I found years ago and stuck them on. They look better and cleaner than the 'sharpie' dots (I couldn't make consistently good looking circles). I looked recently for more of these, but couldn't find. I ended up using a great substitute: I found a 1/8" diameter hole punch at a arts/crafts store and also found some black vinyl stick-on numbers at same store. I just punch out as many 1/8" black dots as I need. Peel off the backing with an exacto knife and put the dots on the pin stripe. They are thin, so you don't really feel them, and they stick very well to the pinstripe tape!

By the way, I found my 1/8" pinstripe at both Autozone and Pep Boys

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog:
                          I've been using that white 1/8" pinstripe tape...

...I used some graphic design 1/8" diameter black circles...

...I found a 1/8" diameter hole punch
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I've thought about using a hold punch before, but I didn't know such tiny ones existed. And yeah, my sharpie dots are a little inconsistent too. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] But hey... why are you using a 1/8 inch hole punch to punch holes in 1/8 width tape? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] You'd just be severing it, wouldn't you? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest:
                            But hey... why are you using a 1/8 inch hole punch to punch holes in 1/8 width tape? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] You'd just be severing it, wouldn't you? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Somebody didn't read MountainDog's post very well! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

One other thing, NOTP: The "turd polishers" thing really bugs me. Maybe Ibanez' are turds, but Jacksons most definitely are NOT. Refrain from using that phrase, or I'll kick your Canuck ass! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [/QB][/QUOTE]

Yo bro... lay off the Ibanez. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] I play a USRG20TP and a 540Pro that both kick major ass.
                              [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X