Model 6 pickup change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 6 pickup change

I've had a Model 6 for many years, it plays great, and unplugged it seems to have a good sound, but I've never been satisfied with the EMG SA/SA/81 pickups that are in it. I'm not generally a fan of active pickups, but haven't ruled out trying one of EMG's EQ/booster kits. Otherwise I'll just go to passive pickups, my question is what pickups have you guys found work well in the Model 6/Soloist guitars, also curious what you've found to fit the front and middle pickups routs, since they aren't routed for the typicall Strat triangular pickup shape.

Find some V100s Jackson singles they are stacked.The J100 Jackson singles are quite nice strat sounding pickups
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Jackson J-80C. Great "80's" sound.
      No singles as of now.

Comment

I really like the J50C's. Great pickup, not a TON of output, but just right IMO. The J100 single coils are alright too, nothing to really write home about but not bad either.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

J-50s J-80c J-95 all do well in a model 6.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I have a Duncan Custom in the bridge and a Hot Rails in the neck of mine and I like it a lot. Didn't bother with swapping the middle pickup since I never use it, but I've thought about putting a Cool Rails in there eventually. Even though the Hot Rails is the new lipless design, I found I had to cut a slight undercut (nothing shows at all with the pickup mounted) with a Dremel to fit it in, since they have the wire coming straight out of the center rather than the end of the pickup.

Comment

Mine is loaded with 2 J-200 stacked single coils and a J-90BC (All Jackson USA made) connected to the JE-1200 midboost preamp that belongs in a ´6 ... I could not be happier.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus View Post
                ...and a J-90BC...

Comment

cool rail neck, duncan custom custom bridge, in my mod 6. middle empty

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post

J-90 Bridge Ceramic, I have the same thing in my Strathead paired with 2 S-100XLs and no Mid-Boost

Exact same thing as a J-90c, but oftentimes they put a "B" on the sticker before the "C" when paired with a J-50 or 80 at the neck so as to denote position.
                    Last edited by Zerberus; 07-09-2007, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X