Variax build **Update new pics**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Variax build **Update new pics**

Some time ago we were talking about the variax and I mentioned building one. Here is the start of it. This body is the Warmoth prototype body and the neck is a warmoth neck from they're thrift shop area.

[ April 18, 2004, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: KMaynard ]
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Re: Variax build **Update new pics**

Looks good, what kinda finish u gonna apply?

As well, where are u pickin up a v-ax from? Ive been lookin for the 499$ specials (like GC offered, but cant FIND!)

Comment

Lookin' good so far!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Where is the thrift shop page on the Warmoth site? I know I've seen it before but I can't seem to locate it now. [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Comment

Haven't decided on a finish yet.. Sully and I are trying to figure that out as we speak ..

The thrift shop is now called "Showcase"
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Did a dry build to confirm this would be a "working" guitar .. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Looks interesting Kev. I must have missed the details that you spoke of on this project. Got a link? Can't wait to see the results. Is that a stock routing on the back or did you do that?

Dave->
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Nope that's standard from warmoth now. They just started so this body is the 1st prototype they did... and to my amzement it wnet together well .. The string ferrules and the string tree were made by yours truly [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] .. I don't know if a link exists for the old topic .there wasn't much said b4 this other than I've just ordered the parts ..

Comment

Very cool but strange all at the same time.
                www.kiddhavok.com
                www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Looks like it´s gonna turn out sweet.

I´m still considering building a tele with normal passive pickups and adding the variax Guts onto that... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Or maybe a Lester.Hmm.... [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Comment

you need batteries for the variax? what's that other compartment for?

Comment

i'm still thinkin that a nice "yankees suck" graphic would go well with that. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                      Sully Guitars on Facebook
                      Sully Guitars on Google+
                      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Kev you should paint it like this guitar:

Since there is no pickup in the way you can put more girls on it!

Comment

Leave it raw and whack it with a greasy bicycle chain. Then put some cigarette burns in it. VOILA! Relic'd variax prototype.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
                            Kev you should paint it like this guitar:

Since there is no pickup in the way you can put more girls on it!
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Is that a G&L he's playing?

Fong

Comment

Yup...G&L Rampage...he's had quite a few over the years, that one being his main one.

Comment

Working...
                              X