Another Floyd Rose Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Floyd Rose Question

On my guitar, the Floyd Rose has the older style screw in mounting posts, with the flathead screw thing rather than the allen key one. My question is, can I buy a new style one with the allen key and the collar and put it right in the old hole with no problems, or will there be some reamage required?

Re: Another Floyd Rose Question

You would need to drill out the holes a little to match whatever bushing size you buy to replace the wood screws. I have a few early floyded guitars that have the wood screws and what I noticed is the holes are closer to the bridge pickup route and if I went to the bushings I'd afraid there wouldn't be enough wood left to suport them...the extra diameter of the bushings would run too damn close to the p/u route
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

That is, of course, if you DO have woodscrews - there is one revision between the woodscrews and inserts where the post has a slot head but goes into an insert.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I'm pretty sure they are the woodscrew ones...Shawn what do you suggest I do in this case then?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
          I'm pretty sure they are the woodscrew ones...Shawn what do you suggest I do in this case then?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well I'd leave them be as long as it stays in tune fine. Otherwise get the narrowest bushings. I think Stew Mac sells two different bushings, the Schaller and Floyd ones. The Floyd ones I believe are a tad smaller.
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
          X