Spraypainting guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spraypainting guitar?

Me asking this question reveals that I know nothing about painting a guitar what so ever, but here goes:

Today I was walking through town and I saw this spraypaint artist. He was making these incredible pictures using spraypaint. What he made in 10 minutes I knew I couldn't do in a lifetime. His art totally blew me apart! Beautiful nature scenery, planets, space, pyramids, everything..
    Anyway I had this idea.. What if he was to paint a guitar that way? Is it possible? Or not recommended at all? Do tell.. Educate me on this.
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

yea, sure he could. And then you could have it clear coated to protect the artwork. There's a guy on the mall in Brisbane who does similar work to they guy you're describing, and he even has a photo of a guitar he has graphiced sitting on a stand with the rest of the photos in his sidewalk folio

have you spoken to the guy? He might have done it before.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

ask him first if he will clear coat the guitar after the work's done. I think without the clear coating, the paint will be sticky no matter how long you've left it to dry. I've seen a guy in San francisco do the street painting and yes, its incredible and I've always wondered the same.
      Sam

Comment

I'll have to ask him if he's done a guitar before, I think he's originally Italian. He was good, I mean really good. He wasn't doing this just for money, his creativity was just incredible. Painting all these beautiful pics non-stop, it's like he's channeling another force or is possesed or something you know? Just a really inspired guy!
        "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
          ask him first if he will clear coat the guitar after the work's done. I think without the clear coating, the paint will be sticky no matter how long you've left it to dry. I've seen a guy in San francisco do the street painting and yes, its incredible and I've always wondered the same.
          errrrrrr...........
          "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Working...
          X