Flame top dinkys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flame top dinkys

I have a 92-93 dinky XL in a CSB finish I just noticed it is a flat top body (no arm contour)were all flame tops flat tops?
    And the veneer how thin is it?It has some chips and cracks in the finish.I would love to refinish it back to CSB but really don't want to have to retop the flame maple.I'm thinking heat will unglue the top and chemical stripper will ruin the top as well.Any ideas?
    Thanks to Tekky I finally found a correct neck for this guitar after looking for 5+ years.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

In 93 they were flat tops by 96 they have the arm contour. I have one of each. I thought about doing this to the 93 myself. I think it is at most 1/42" thick. maybe thinner (photo??). Heat I think is out. Stripper is your best bet. The body may have a sealer on it, so the stripper should take off the paint in layers. Let me , I was too scarced to use stripper myself.

Comment

I was over at RS guitarworks and picked out some insane flame maple veneer.The thickness planer should do the trick being its a flat top.So a refin will be in progress soon.Thanks rich#6
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
      X