RR-1 USA With EMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR-1 USA With EMG

I have a RR-1 USA with a 60 in the neck and a 81 in the bridge. Have no much experience whith EMGs, but i agree, the 81 sounds a bit bright to me. Should i swap the 60 with te 81, or should replace the 81 for a 85? Whold help an EMG EXP?

Re: RR-1 USA With EMG

By the way, I refreted my axe to dumlop 6000. It´s effortless playing. I'm learning to relax my right hand [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Left hand [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] , Sorry

Comment

Put an 85 in the bridge and leave the 60 or 81 in the neck. The 60 will probably sound even brighter in the bridge than the 81.
        If you want to add one of the EMG eq accessories, I'd go with the SPC to add midrange instead of the EXG (I think this is what you meant, because I've never heard of an EXP) which scoops the midrange and boosts the highs and lows.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The EMG-EXG gives clean sounds an especially "acoustic guitar" like quality. For the dirty sounds, it tends to turn a humbucker tone into a single coil sort of tone, and increases a single coil's "spikiness". You'd probably be better off switching to the EMG-85, or perhaps trying the EMG-SPC to fatten up the sound. The EMG-EXG and the EMG-SPC are like complete opposites to each other, and with BOTH equipped in the guitar (like David Gilmour), you can have a LOT of control over your sound. With an RR1, I would personally have an EMG-85 in the bridge, any other EMG humbucker in the neck, one volume control, one EMG-SPC control replacing a tone knob, and one EMG-EXG control replacing the other tone knob.

Comment

Working...
          X