Floyd Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Setup

Do you guys set your Floyds up level with body? To me this always seemed wrong. Maybe it’s because I have a few guitars that don’t have recessed tremolos. I always thought it made more sense to have the pivot right at a 90 degree angle with the strings. That way the Floyd would be in balance with strings not the body. Maybe it doesn’t matter but what do you guys do?
    Just one more guitar!

Re: Floyd Setup

Usually the difference isn't that great, but when I had a non-recessed Floyd, I think I did as you do - 90 degrees from the string. It allowed more pullup. But I doubt it's that big a deal.

Comment

If you let the back end of the floyd stick up a bunch so you can pull up, the strings might break when you do pull up. It makes a ton of tension on the strings.This has been my experience anyways. and to me, when the floyd is level, it seems like it stays in tune better.

Comment

True, but we're not talking "a bunch" here. This is a slight amount, and no greater than, say, pulling up on guitars that have a recess BEHIND the Floyd but didn't mount the floyd IN the recess. I figure, using a Floyd is stressful on the strings in the first place...

Comment

Working...
        X