Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I honestly have NO idea where to put this topic, but MF is clearing out black OFRs!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I honestly have NO idea where to put this topic, but MF is clearing out black OFRs!!!

Admins, if the content of this topic is inappropriate, please edit and tell me what I did wrong. I'm just trying to help out some JCFers by posting this link:

OFR at Musician's Friend dot com

That's right! BLACK Original Floyd Rose bridges are being cleared out my Musician's Friend. So, for those of you with Jackson Professional imports loaded with that gaudy chrome hardware you hate, here's something to help you out!

Re: I honestly have NO idea where to put this topic, but MF is clearing out black OFRs!!!

Wow! I don't know where it goes, either, but thanks for the info! I've been wanting to upgrade my SL4 (Japanese Soloist) to a real Floyd Rose! I see they don't include the locking nut. I wonder what size locking nut my SL4 takes?

And here's a tech question to tack on and really make this thread fit this forum, how about getting a smaller sized nut, to keep the strings from falling off the edge of the fretboard?

And one more question, just because I'm full of questions tonight - where can I get black tuners (since it looks like I'm going to be replacing my chrome hardware soon)? I'd prefer Jacksons, but Schaller or something would be okay too, as long as they are a direct replacement (requiring no new holes).

Anyway, thanks again! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: I honestly have NO idea where to put this topic, but MF is clearing out black OFRs!!!

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest:
      are being cleared out my Musician's Friend.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oops, that should say "are being cleared out BY Musician's Friend". Stupid typos. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

You're welcome for the link. At first, I thought it would be the CHROME ones that would be the cheapest, since they usually are. Turns out that the BLACK ones are the cheapest there, and the chrome and gold ones are going for their usual ballpark price range.

Comment

where can I get black tuners (since it looks like I'm going to be replacing my chrome hardware soon)? I'd prefer Jacksons
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'll have a set available pretty quick if you're interested. Black, inline Jacksons. You can email me if you're interested. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[email protected]

Comment

nice!!!!! perfect timing, i was just about to get a OFR from carvin, but MF it is... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Got one!!! Thanx for the link NOTP!!!

Comment

So what are you guys doing about the locknuts, and where are you ordering them from? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for the info....quick question though. Does anyone know if these will fit a JK-20 Pro Kelly without modification? Thanks!
                Steve

Comment

119 bucks for the black one ?! CHEAAAP

that can be directly swapped with jackson jt580lp iirc ?
                  those didn't had problems with the length of the block under the floyd right ?

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. Great deal on a black OFR. Can't pass this up.

Comment

Hmm, it doesn't say anything about the length of the sustain block. The three common lengths are 42mm (top-mounted Floyd), 37mm (semi-recessed Floyd), and 32mm (recessed Floyd), if I remember correctly. Guys, whenever you receive this Floyd, would you please post the lengths of the sustain block?

And about replacing the JT580LP bridge with the OFR... I've heard that some JCFers can install the OFR without any modifications, while others have had to remove the layer of clearcoat inside the recess cavity so that the Floyd will fit. I'm guessing it's a case-by-case basis, but the general impression I get is that the OFR should fit without extreme modifications.

Comment

Usually you tell them which nut you want R4,R5etc.If they don't come with the nut its not a complete floyd.JMO I'd tell them if no nut no sale.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard:
                          Usually you tell them which nut you want R4,R5etc.If they don't come with the nut its not a complete floyd.JMO I'd tell them if no nut no sale.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree that the locknut should be included; however, MF sells the locknuts for $29.99 in black, which still brings this in under the normal price for a complete black setup.

One thing that's confusing me though, is why are these listed as Fender accessories? I thought Schaller made OFRs. Did Fender buy out Floyd Rose? Did Fender buy out Schaller?

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver:
                            One thing that's confusing me though, is why are these listed as Fender accessories? I thought Schaller made OFRs. Did Fender buy out Floyd Rose? Did Fender buy out Schaller?
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Fender bought out Floyd quite awhile ago and they've got exclusive rights to the Floyd. AFAIK, it's still made in Germany by Schaller.

You can also buy an OFR from Carvin, and they sell the nut separate.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i really wish they put up sale for guitar cables too, in need of getting patch cables for my newly arrived maxon effects... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Anyone know of a place to get quality cables cheap online???

Comment

Working...
                              X