Active Pickups other then EMG'S?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Pickups other then EMG'S?

What are some other good pickups? I want something that won't be muddy at the neck. I got a 85 in the bridge right now.

I think i might just go with a 81, or 89. Would there be any problems with different active pickups?

Re: Active Pickups other then EMG\'S?

Mastertones. They are made here in Australia, but a lot of guys from overseas have ordered them. They seem to have a large and loyal following all over the globe. My mate has a SPA in his guitar and it wails [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Im sure some guys here will have some. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

http://www.mastertonepickups.com/

Comment

Seymour Duncan makes the Livewires, but I am not sure how compatible they are with EMG.

Comment

Oh yeah, im pretty sure (almost 100%) that you can mix mastertones with other pickups (active or non active) [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Livewires from Seymour Duncan will work, but they take 2 batteries for one pickup. I wouldn't want to try and fit 3 batteries in the guitar. I'd say to go with the EMG 81.

Comment

Or, if want a bit more mellow tone, try EMG 60. It's great for clean sounds, but not only.

Comment

GO WITH THE 89 THEN YOU'LL HAVE A SINGLE & HUMBUCKER IN THE NECK.

Comment

ok, i really can't justify spending money on something i won't use that much.

would a jackson active Pickup work with a EMG?

Something that's brighter, and not so muddy?

if anyone has one P.M. please [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelMadeja:
                  would a jackson active Pickup work with a EMG?
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jackson's never made active pickups... they're all passive.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

YOU CAN GET AN EMG 89 FOR ABOUT $80 PLUS TAXES &SHIPPING ANYTHING ELSE WILL COST AROUND THE SAME.

Comment

eh... are you sure jackson never made active pickups?

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelMadeja:
                        eh... are you sure jackson never made active pickups?
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jackson never made active pickups. They are all passive and can be utilized with active circuits that they made such as the midboost, wah filter sweep or gain boost. Those active circuits can also be used with any other passive pickups that are not Jackson.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

ahh, ya learn something new everyday.

i should get a notebook and right down everything about jackson guitars with pictures next to each thing.

that would be cool.

thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by etaeniura:
                            Seymour Duncan makes the Livewires, but I am not sure how compatible they are with EMG.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Without some kind of phase inverter, they arent compatible. I´m skeptical on the Mastertones being compatible with EVERYTHING for exactly this reason, they should either not work with EMGs or not work with Livewires because of the phase inversion issue. But I´ve never used them so I can´t say for sure.

BTW, Floydroseuser, the Livewires can be set up the same as the Emgs, with 2 batteries working "globally" powering all pickups. But with an EMG already in there it may get tight, you´re right on that one. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Aren't Bartolini pickups also active? This is just something I heard or read somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X