Recommendation for a good guitar polish? Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendation for a good guitar polish? Please

Re arranging my music room tomorrow ....... so I thought I give the guitars some good ol elbow grease and shine them up.

So what does everyone use? Thought I hear some recommendations .....

I've been using Dunlop's Formula number 65 for ages, and maybe its time for a change ....

I want showroom shine !!!

Dunlop Carnauba Wax!

Comment

i use planet waves restore then i use dunlop carnuaba wax
      Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
      Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
        Dunlop Carnauba Wax!
        +1
        Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

I use 3m or similar rubbing compound to get the build up off. Then i hit it with Maguiers 26.
          Gil

Comment

cool I'll give the Carnauba Wax a shot .....

How much of this stuff do you need to put on? ......... as in should I buy more than one bottle .... 8 guitars ?

Thx

Comment

Are you trying to get rid of any scratches/swirl marks, or just get shine? Wax alone won't help with scratches. I use 3M Finesse-It (fine compound) and Perfect-It (swirl mark remover) when needed, then whatever car wax I happen to be using at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                Are you trying to get rid of any scratches/swirl marks, or just get shine? Wax alone won't help with scratches. I use 3M Finesse-It (fine compound) and Perfect-It (swirl mark remover) when needed, then whatever car wax I happen to be using at the time.

I guess both. Couple of my guitars do have swirl marks.

Where can I find this 3M stuff? Home Depot? Wal-mart? Can you provide a link?

Thx

Comment

Some auto parts stores carry the 3M stuff, but I usually find it at paint supply places where they sell automotive paint & finishing supplies. Here's one online place:

http://www.properautocare.com/3mfiniimacpo.html

Comment

Fender's Mist & Wipe polish is excellent. It's made by Meguiar's, as is the rest of their polish, wax and cleaning products.
                    http://www.fender.com/products/searc...ishesandcloths
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I prefer the 3M products, but they are a little hard to find. Pep Boys used to carry it, but no longer does. National Auto still does. That is the only place I can find it locally. Other than that you have to find it online.

Comment

Working...
                      X