Humbucker in a slant position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humbucker in a slant position

On a 3 single coil Soloist, can I install a lead position humbucker without slanting it?

Thanks!
    Michael

only reason you would slant it, 1) you want to 2) because you don't have an F-spaced humbucker, are you going to route it?
    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

If it's a custom soloist sell to me. Than buy yourself one with a humbucker already in the bridge position.

Comment

Or I'll trade you something with a H/S/S thats comparable.

Comment

Route her out right away! Think about what you are doing at a later date!!

Comment

In the alternative... I've been considering EMGs, Dimarzio or Duncans, the single coil sized Humbuckers.
            Any thoughts... I don't want to "hack away"

Thanks, Michael

Comment

Originally posted by dobieboy View Post
              In the alternative... I've been considering EMGs, Dimarzio or Duncans, the single coil sized Humbuckers.
              Any thoughts... I don't want to "hack away"

Thanks, Michael
              well it is smarter
              "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I put a single coil sized SD Little 59 in my Tele and it totally rocks.

what is the difference when a humbucker is slanted anyway? I've never known why that was done on some guitars.
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                  what is the difference when a humbucker is slanted anyway? I've never known why that was done on some guitars.
                  Isn't that done sometimes to get the pole pieces on a wider pickup to line up with the strings better?

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                    Isn't that done sometimes to get the pole pieces on a wider pickup to line up with the strings better?
                    that can't be why Kramer always had that set up, could it?
                    and the Charvel Model 88 for example.

did they have wide pickups? never heard such...
                    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                      that can't be why Kramer always had that set up, could it?
                      Yes. Eddie Van Halen started doing that. Back in the day, when humbuckers were only standard-spaced for Gibson TOM bridges, he tilted it so the pole pieces would line up better under the strings of his guitars with Fender or Floyd trems (F-spacing pickups would later on fix this).
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Seymour Duncan, Single coil sized,JB Humbuckers.ROCK!?

Comment

I always thought it was the natural progression going from a slanted singlecoil (Fender Strat), to a doublecoil - to install it at the same angle. But that was just my personal assumption.

Comment

Get a Duncan Lil59 or JBJr instead of routing it.

And yep, Ed started that one just as Joe said.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks for all the help... now I have to test out emgs, which I love vs the SD's or Dimarzios.

Michael

Comment

Working...
                              X