replacement neck for a fusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacement neck for a fusion

I think that a cool thing would be to have a maple fretboard Fusion. I was checking Warmoth but I didn't see any short scale necks other than their conversion series. My question is this, say I wanted to put a maple fretboard neck on a Fusion, where would I find a neck to fit?

Re: replacement neck for a fusion

You know, I just thought of something. Are the necks the same size for a Fusion and say a model series Charvel? Is it just that the neck is set deeper into the body that makes the Fusion short scale? So, would the necks be interchangeable and the shorter scale is accomplished by the Fusion's body? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

No. That's the point of short scale. It's not just the overall distance from the nut to the bridge that is shorter, everything is a smaller "scale". The fret spacing is different.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

So, is there anyone who makes a good short scale maple fretboard neck that would fit a Fusion?

Comment

Uh, yeah! Charvel, of course! Find an older Charvel Fusion, they had all maple necks as an option. Quite plentiful too.
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

The fusion necks come up on ebay from time to time, usually they're with a maple board.
            "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Yeah, I've been seaching e-bay lately, but all of the fusions have rosewood fretboards right now. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X