Is this an easy fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this an easy fix?

I bought a "Big Box" yesterday and did not check it out as good as I should of. Pics will show what I am asking about.
    Can I just move the bridge over?

RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
    CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
    Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
    Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

the slots in the bridge weren't cut correctly, that and the bridge pick-up is tilted back a bit.

other than that it is a really nice looking guitar.
    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I'm not sure on an Ibanez the bridge may not be glued down you might be able to loosen the strings and move it over.The saddles can be re-cut easily.If it were me I buy new saddles and do the job right.If you bought it new I would make the dealer correct this.Nice guitars aren't they?
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Knock out those abalone tabs and you'll probably find screws for the base.

You may also be able to find a bridge that has a wider saddle groove spacing, or have some blank saddles cut to the correct spacing on the treble side.

But if it's store-bought-new, send it back with these pics and have them send you one that doesn't look like that.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

It is a floating bridge. I can loosen strings and move the bridge. It is held to the guitar by the strings. I may exchange it for another one today.
          Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55

Comment

Nice guitars aren't they?
            I think they are very nice guitars. I just wish I would of checked it out better instead of being struck by its beauty and the excitement of getting a new guitar This is my first "Big Box".
            Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55

Comment

Originally posted by spencer4hire View Post
              It is a floating bridge. I can loosen strings and move the bridge. It is held to the guitar by the strings. I may exchange it for another one today.
              I'm confused here. What's the problem? If the bridge moves, then move it and the problem is solved right? There is nothing wrong with the bridge, the slots are right in the centre of the saddles.
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by spencer4hire View Post
                I think they are very nice guitars. I just wish I would of checked it out better instead of being struck by its beauty and the excitement of getting a new guitar This is my first "Big Box".
                Sorry, I gotta play Ron for a sec here.

"I just wish I would have checked it out better..."

Corrected.

Comment

just loosen the strings, remove the bridge get some double sided tape & stick the bridge down in the correct spot.

Comment

Beautiful looking guitar !
                    Last edited by Budman68; 06-25-2007, 11:30 AM.
                    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                      Sorry, I gotta play Ron for a sec here.

"I just wish I would have checked it out better..."

Corrected.
                      Thanks Zeeg Who woulda thunk a Canadian correcting my english grammar EHHH:ROTF:
                      Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55

Comment

By the way, that is a really pretty guitar. What kind of wood is the binding?

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                          just loosen the strings, remove the bridge get some double sided tape & stick the bridge down in the correct spot.
                          Don't do that. Let it float. That's an interesting bridge set-up. A TOM and a floater. The intonation possibilities are endless.:ROTF: And, probably a big pain the the ass. Nice guitar, BTW.
                          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                            I'm confused here. What's the problem? If the bridge moves, then move it and the problem is solved right? There is nothing wrong with the bridge, the slots are right in the center of the saddles.
                            you crazy Canadian, the slots are cut wrong, just because they are cut in the center doesn't mean they are correct.
                            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Problem Solved! Took back to where I purchased it and the
                              owner/guitar tech slid the bridge over and waa laa strings now go directly over pole pieces and there is equal spacing on both sides of the fretboard. I should of just done it myself but it was unknown territory. Thanks for all the advice and comments. I will try to post better pics in the guitars by other MFG's later.
                              Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55

Comment

Working...
                              X