1/4pounder or hot rail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/4pounder or hot rail

The 1/4 pounder really rips but it will be overpowered by an Invader. A Hot Rails, lil 59', JB jr would do it. I personally like Dimarzio HS-3's the best but again.. the Invader will overpower it. Actually, if you got a flat pole 1/4 pounder and you raised it up as much as possible and you lowered the Invader just a little you might have a real killer combo.

1/4pounder or hot rail

OK looking for a good match with an invader in the bridge.
    1/4pounder single or a hot rail...any other opinions...im open. the only single ive used in years are cool rails & the custom Dimarzio singles they put in the early ST-3s.

Comment

Re: 1/4pounder or hot rail

I have that combo in my soloist Hot rails and a Invader.They are a good match for the output of the Invader.They sound good clean and are good for lead work with high gain.They are a very bass heavy pickup and they match the Invader in that department well.They are not strat sounding at all. They sound real close to a full size hum.
      Mike
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

HOTRAILS!!!!

Comment

In my opinion, I would go with the hot rails. That will be the closest in output, also the best sounding.

Comment

It depends on what you need the neck pickup for. My favorite combo right now is a L500XL in the bridge with a Kent Armstrong vintage-style single in the neck. When I flick the switch I want lower output, less distortion, more highs, for a clean tone. I also have one with a Hot Rails in the neck and I can't stand it. Might as well just put an "ASS" switch on the bridge pickup because the tone doesn't change that much.

If you're looking for good cleans, go with the single. If you're looking for typical 'heavy metal solo' tone, go with the Hot Rail.

Comment

I agree with BM. IT is nice to have a different sound for the neck and a Hot Rails is just too similar to an Invader in regards to tone. A 1/4 pounder would make the guitar very versatile.

Comment

Working...
              X