EMG and Volume Pots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG and Volume Pots

I have yet another questions about EMG's. I have a parts guitar with an 81 in the bridge and it's one of my favorite guitars. Sounds great and it screams. I also have a few quitars with various Seymour Duncan pickups.

When I roll off the volume on the passive pickups it's very gradual and you can get some different tones out of the guitars. When I roll of the 81 it's almost as if I have to roll it down to 1 to notice any difference in volume. 2-10 are balls out. Could this fixed with a different pot that rolls off differently or is this a characteristic of EMG's?

Thanks
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Re: EMG and Volume Pots

Check the pot, is it a 25k pot? If it is, go to EMG's web page and find the right wiring diagram for you configuration. Check every soldering point and make sure everything is ok.

Comment

Thanks, I checked and everything looks good. It just has single volume control and it is a 25K pot. All the connections look solid. I am guessing the pod could be bad.

Comment

man, i have noticed this with all my emg's its either on or off. so i use a vol. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] pedal
        "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Do you have a capacitor on the vol pot?Usually there will be one on the tone pot but some people put one on the vol pot on a 1 hum guitar.If not my guess would be the vol pot is weak.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Nope, no capacitor on the volume pot. It's really pretty simple wiring. I may try switching out the volume pot at some point. Thanks.

Volume pedal... Cool idea.

Comment

all i use are EMG's, in all my guitars, i use only one hum no matter the config.,no caps,on the vol. pot's,it is just the way they are [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
              "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

That's strange. I think it may be connected with the hight output EMG have. I'd say up to some point it gets louder and then it just saturates the signal more. Actually not the signal, the front of your amp. That's the way I see it.

Comment

Working...
                X