Rhoads Measurements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhoads Measurements

Could someone post the measurements of a Rhoads body? Like Measurements from point A to B etc? I have a 24-fret neck, a EMG-81 and a Schaller Floyd and I though I'd build myself a nice single hummed 24-fret Rhoads this summer [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

And to do that I need some numbers [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Thanx a million
    /Thoraby

Re: Rhoads Measurements

Not much response to this one, due to the amount of time it demands i guess.
    But if you could somehow make up a drawing of a Rhoads and post it here, marking your needed measurement points with the alphabet (A, B, etc.) i would give it a shot. I both have a USA and a Pro Rhoads. Others could join in and fill some of the blanks to spread out the workload.

/Henrik
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

A-B 22 7/8"
      B-C 13 7/8"
      B-D 17 3/4"
      C-D 6 3/4"
      D-E 15 1/2"
      Y 1"
      X 2 3/4"

I measured A and E from where the body meets the neck on my neck thru RR.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87:
        A-B 22 7/8"
        B-C 13 7/8"
        B-D 17 3/4"
        C-D 6 3/4"
        D-E 15 1/2"
        Y 1"
        X 2 3/4"

I measured A and E from where the body meets the neck on my neck thru RR.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanx a million man! This was really nice of you [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Now I'm gonna go buy me som nice wood!

Edit: Do RR's have bevels on the back as well?

Comment

Do RR's have bevels on the back as well?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes sir, bevels on the back too. No problem, bro. Let me know if you need any other info.
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87:
            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Do RR's have bevels on the back as well?
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes sir, bevels on the back too. No problem, bro. Let me know if you need any other info. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's extremely nice of you! This is why I love this forum so much!

One more question [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] I'm so stupid I forgot to ask [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
            Body Thickness?

Thanx another million!

Comment

Body Thickness?
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">1 3/4"
              Scott

Comment

So i arrived too late, then. Show is over. Good to see that your drawing helped 'persuade' a member to measure his Rhoads [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Much easier this way.

Still, if you need anything extra we are here for ya.

Just as a double check, here's my RR1 measures:

A-B 582 mm
                B-C 350 mm
                B-D 450 mm
                C-D 170 mm
                D-E 390 mm
                Y 28 mm
                X 70 mm
                Body thickness 45 mm

If this project becomes reality, may i suggest you back route it, to avoid the front control plate. Much cooler looking.

/Henrik
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1:
                  Not much response to this one, due to the amount of time it demands i guess.
                  But if you could somehow make up a drawing of a Rhoads and post it here, marking your needed measurement points with the alphabet (A, B, etc.) i would give it a shot. I both have a USA and a Pro Rhoads. Others could join in and fill some of the blanks to spread out the workload.

/Henrik
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That would be übercool! I uploaded a pic.

I'm not looking to build a exact replica. I might change some things [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Anyways I need these measurements:
                  A-B
                  B-C
                  B-D
                  C-D
                  D-E

It also would be nice to have X and Y (The ones in green) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanx a million!
                  /Thor

Comment

Working...
                  X